Basic Lease Contract Example
Basic Lease Contract Examples
- Basic Lease Contract Example – Sample Agreement (Requires Editing To Fit Your Offerings)
This Basic Lease License agreement is made on (insert date here) (“Effective Date”) by and between (insert buyer’s name) (“Licensee”) and (insert your producer or company name here) (“Licensor”). Licensor warrants that it controls the mechanical rights in and to the musical work (“Composition”) being sold to Licensee as of and prior to the Effective Date. The Licensee and Licensor have agreed to the following terms under this Basic Lease Contract:
1. Master Use. The Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive License to record vocal synchronization to the Composition partly or in its entirety and substantially in its original form (“Master Recording”).
2. Mechanical Rights. The Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive Basic Lease Contract License to use Master Recording in the reproduction, duplication, manufacture, and distribution of phonograph records, cassette tapes, compact disks, internet downloads, other and miscellaneous audio and digital recordings, and any lifts and versions thereof (collectively ,”Recordings”) worldwide for up to the pressing or selling a total of five thousand (5,000) copies of such Recordings or any combination of such Recordings. Additionally, Licensor shall be permitted to distribute unlimited internet downloads for non-profit and non-commercial use.
3. Performance Rights. The Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive License to use the Master Recording in unlimited non-profit performances, shows, or concerts. The Licensee is also permitted to earn up to five thousand ($5,000) US Dollars in compensation or ticket sales using the Master Recording in said performances.
4. Synchronization Rights. The Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive License to copy, perform, edit and/or loop portions of, record on film, video, digital animations, and video games (collectively, “Projects”) and use the Master Recording in synchronization or timed relation with the productions in two (2) Projects.
5. Broadcast Rights. The Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive license to broadcast or air the Master Recording on two (2) radio stations or through two (2) station channels, respectively.
6. Credit. Licensee shall acknowledge the original authorship of the Composition appropriately and reasonably in all media and performance formats by acknowledging the relevant author (you may want to insert your own name here) in writing where possible and vocally otherwise. Where a project is commercially released and registered with a performance rights organisation, Licensor shall be acknowledged as a Writer (if you are a member of a PRO, enter your information here).
7. Sampling. The Licensee agrees that the Composition is purchased as a “Work Made for Hire” whereby the clearing of any sampled materials is the responsibility of Licensee.
8. Compensation. Payment for this License is non-refundable. If the Licensee fails to account to the Licensor, timely and complete the payments provided for hereunder, the Licensor shall have the right to terminate this License upon written notice to the Licensee. Such termination shall render the recording, manufacture and/or distribution of Recordings for which monies have not been paid subject to and actionable as infringements under applicable law.
9. Term. Executed by the Licensor and the Licensee, this License agreement is to be effective as for all purposes as of the Effective Date and shall not expire. In the event that an exclusive license is sold by Licensor to the Composition, the terms of this agreement shall be upheld.
10. Indemnification. Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold Licensor harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from a claimed breach of any of Licensee’s representations, warranties or agreements hereunder.
11. Miscellaneous. This License is non-transferable and is limited to the Composition specified, constitutes the entire agreement between the Licensor and the Licensee relating to the Composition, and shall be binding upon both Licensor and Licensee and their respective successors, assigns, and legal representatives.
12. Governing Law. This License is governed by and shall be construed under the laws of the Licensor’s resident country (you may want to replace this with a specific country), without regard to the conflicts of laws and principles thereof. Composition purchased: (insert name of the beat you are selling) Signatures: (insert your own signature with date and leave a field for the Licensee to leave his)
Basic Rights Example Contract